Friday, July 22, 2016

The RNC (Trump Edition)

       I don't know quite what I saw happen over the last week. This was really a mess. I've never seen a less effective campaign attempt, and there is no surprise that it came from the republican side. In case you haven't picked up, I am a COMPLETE democrat. And not surprisingly, I hate Donald Trump. A while ago, my friend, John, stated, after reading my first blog post, that Donald Trump was definitely going to be the next president, and that the entire Democratic Party was completely divided. While I feel like this occurs during any election within any party, this especially happened in the Republican Party. This week. On Monday there was the Melania-Obama plagiarism thing. Which made everyone mad. On Tuesday there was Chris Christie, the *official* nomination, and "LOCK HER UP!!!". On Wednesday there was Ted Cruz and the weight of the entire convention came down to Ivanka and Donald last night. Cruz, though, represented a very central issue of this division. Not all republicans want to vote for Donald Trump: a lot hate him. I've met more people who say "I am a republican but I can't bring myself to vote for a man as horrible as Donald Trump" than people who are voting for him. Earlier, I was just mocking Trump's hour-long speech with my republican friend. This is why our founding fathers warned us so strongly against parties. They are being used to divide the American people rather than unite them. Still though, everything is a mess. Now a lady is being kicked out of the crowd for simply expressing her opinion and a man nearly kicked off of the stage because of his views. Isn't this absolutely defeating the purpose of the constitution, and the country? Of course, I fully support advancing the constitution with the times but there are some things that no amount of development should be able to take away from us. This is why I hate Trump. Sure he's a sketchy businessman, a jerk who hates minorities, and in no way qualified to be president. But he is also trying to run for a position in which he will literally be able to destroy the world. And he knows that he isn't qualified. So why is he running? Money. Attention. Admiration.




Sources: 
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/20/republican-national-convention-recap-in-90-seconds.cnn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!